From: Sean - Big Sky Supplies email@example.com
With thanks to the motorists who let us know that the traffic fines being paid differ from Big Sky's Cubbyhole Notes ...
We have has been advised by ZRP Traffic HQ that an updated Schedule of Deposit Fines has been issued to Highway Patrol, which revises the Deposit Fines imposed per offence.
We understand the revised Schedule is not yet available to stakeholders, and Big Sky has not seen a copy. However, it is clear this version replaces the Schedule of Deposit Fines issued in August 2013.
UNCHANGED - THE MAXIMUM DEPOSIT FINE A POLICE OFFICER CAN LEGALLY IMPOSE IS $20.00 PER OFFENCE (A LEVEL 3 FINE)
In order for ZRP personnel to impose and accept payment of a $100.00 deposit fine - currently Level 4, the law has to be amended. The required changes to the Criminal Procedures Act of the Finance Act (no 3 of 2009) have NOT been gazetted.
Please be aware the Deposit Fines previously listed in Big Sky's Cubbyhole notes (see www.bigsky.co.zw/cubbyhole-notes) are now subject to confirmation and have been removed from the notes.
1) Roadside fines will range from $5.00 to $20.00.
2) You are entitled to request to see the current Schedule of Deposit Fines, which every patrol and roadblock is obliged to carry.
3) Do not accept a roadside fine above $20.00.
4) There is no option to pay a Deposit Fine within 7 days. For your convenience we recommend motorists carry a 'just in case" $20.00 in small notes.
5) Do not pay bribes and become part of the problem.
) Being patient and courteous will give you the best chance of a fair outcome.
The BIG SKY TEAM