Dearly B. Loved
OnToplist is optimized by SEO
Add blog to our blog directory.

Friday, September 17, 2010

Twyford Farm in Chegutu

Yesterday, 14th September, my beautiful home on Twyford Farm in Chegutu was burnt to a cinder and nothing is left of it.

This farm is protected by a French BIPPA and a High Court order in my favour from 2007 and despite all that, I was ordered on the 18th March 2010 to pack all my belongings and fined $200 for illegally occupying the farm. Since then, my home has not been occupied by Jamaya Muduvuri who has an Offer Letter on Twyford. In February last year 30 thugs, led by Muduvuri, occupied the farm and Muduvuri proceeded to steal all my crops, farming equipment and vehicles. Yesterday he finished gutting the farm completely by burning the main homestead. It has taken one year for my profitable farm to become a totally abandoned land where no crop has been planted and the home has been destroyed. Furthermore, Muduvuri already has 4 farms to his name and mine was the 5th one.

Today I find myself asking our Prime Minister:

"As the owner of a French BIPPA farm, where is the compensation I am meant to receive the day someone steps on my farm (as per the Land Reform text)?"

My continuous efforts towards the PM's office have been filled with empty promises and no action.

What happened on my farm has NOTHING to do with any kind of land reform: the land has not been utilized, the equipment and crops have been stolen, all my animal stock has been slaughtered and finally my home has been burnt.

Catherine Jouineau-Meredith
Very disheartened and angry French farmer

No comments:

Post a Comment