104th Annual Show 2014
To be held at
THE EXHIBITION PARK( HARARE SHOWGROUNDS)
22nd – 30th AUGUST 2014
ENTRIES CLOSE ON THURSDAY 31ST JULY 2014
ALL BREEDS TO BE JUDGED ON TUESDAY 26TH AUGUST 2014
The Grand Parade of Cattle Champions in the Glamis Arena to follow Official Opening.
Exhibitors to book stalls by Thursday 31st July 2014 for the final number of animals to be shown.
All entries for both beef and diary breeds close on Thursday 31st July 2014
Fees : BEEF AND DAIRY BREEDS :- US$5.00 per entry
Fees : SMALL STOCK: US$2.50 per entry
LATE ENTRIES SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY OF STALLS
Fees after Thursday 31 July 2013: US$10.00 for All entries.
A forfeit of US$ 10.00 will be applied for any booked pen/stall not occupied by animals at the Show at the discretion of the Cattle Committee.
1. Exhibitors, are warned that if in the opinion of the Committee, their animals are not up to Show standard, they will be asked to remove them.
2. The Committees reserves the right to restrict entries in all classes if accommodation is not available.
3. The Committee reserves the right to combine entries in any classes where numbers of animals present for judging are insufficient to justify separate prize awards to the classes concerned.
4. The Society reserves the right to carry random identification checks at any time.
5. Judging is in the order printed in the Prize List.
6. Exhibitors are required to see that their animals are brought up punctually for judging; otherwise they run the risk of being disqualified.
7. All animals paraded for an attendant wearing a clean neat uniform must accompany judging. No exhibitor’s identification may be displayed during judging.
8. The judges will be instructed that where there is not sufficient competition or only one entry, the question of awarding a prize shall receive careful consideration.
ENTRIES CLOSE FOR ALL STALLS/PENS AND ANIMALS ON
THURSDAY 31 JULY 2014
All animals shall arrive by 5pm on Thursday 21 August 2014 and be removed from the Show Grounds ONLY on Sunday 31ST August 2014 unless otherwise stated.
GRAND PARADE – TBA after the Official Opening in Glamis Arena, for Champion animals. This Parade is open only to animals that have been halter trained.
9. Vehicles transporting livestock, enter the Showgrounds through GATE 8 on HAMPDEN STREET, and proceed to respective ramps to off load by 16.00hrs Thursday. Plans showing the allocation of pens will be available at the lines. During Show Week, vehicles with drivers displaying a Smithfield Sticker, one per Exhibitor, may deliver feed to the line via that route described above.
10. Those attendants staying in the Showgrounds to tend the livestock (maximum 2, more depending on numbers of animals exhibited). An identification badge supplied by the Society shall be worn at all times.
11. Meals will be available for attendants at a cost (price available closer to date), this will include breakfast, lunch and supper. Kindly indicate if you would like to purchase meals for your attendant, a meal order form will be available on request.
AYRSHIRE DA + Class Number
GUERNSEY DB + Class Number
HOLSTEIN DC + Class Number
JERSEY DD + Class Number
DUAL PURPOSE / CROSS BRED
CLASSES & CATEGORIES
01. Junior Female Champion …0-4 Teeth
02. Intermediate Female Champion……6 tooth
03. Senior Female Champion … More than 4
04. Champion Female
05. Champion Junior Bull …….. 0-4 Teeth
06. Champion Intermediate Bull ….. 6 Teeth
Angus BA + Class Number
BORAN BB+ Class Number
BRAHMAN BR+ Class Number
LIMOUSIN BL+ Class Number
MASHONA BM+ Class Number
SIMMENTAL BS+ Class Number
TULI BT+ Class Number
ANY OTHER BREED BX+ Class Number
CLASSES & CATEGORIES
07. Junior Female Champion…. 0-4 Teeth.
08. Intermediate Female Champion… 6 Teeth
09. Senior Female Champion…. More than 6 Teeth.
10. Champion Female.
11. Champion Junior Bull … 0-4 Teeth
12. Champion Intermediate Bull … 6 Teeth
13. Senior Bull … Full Mouth
14. Grand Champion Bull
15. One Pedigree Male And One Female
16. 2 Pedigree Female
17. Pedigree Cow and Calf
18. Group Of Four (Fatstock)
19. Trained Oxen – Two Trained Oxen. They will be required to demonstrate
LARGE WHITE PA
CLASSES – PER BREED
1. Champion Boar
2. Champion Gilts
5 Grand Champion Boar
6 Grand Champion Gilts
7 Champion Boar and Gilt
8 Sow and litter
SHEEP AND GOATS
MUTTON MERINO SB
ANY OTHER BREEDS SX
SAANEN GOAT GB
ANY OTHER BREED GX
CLASSES - PER BREED
· Ewe Lamb
1. Milk teeth
2. 2 Tooth
3. 4 Tooth
4. 6 Tooth and above
CLASSES - PER BREED
· Ram lamb
5. Milk teeth
6. 2 Tooth
7. 4 Tooth
8. 6 Tooth and above
9. Grand Champion Ram
10. Grand Champion Ewe
11. Grand Champion Lamb
· Special Classes
12. Group of Three Rams
13. Group Of Three Ewes
14. Milking Class – Ewe and Lamb
1 Guinea Fowl
2 Chicken (Breed to be nominated)
01. Cock And Hen
02. 4 Pullets
01. Buck and Doe
LIVESTOCK LINES COMPETITON
The idea of this competition is to create interest amongst attendant to keep all cattle lines clean and tidy throughout the duration of the show. A judge will conduct regular inspections on a daily basis and prizes will be presented on Saturday 30th August 2014. The judges shall not only look at the condition of the pens but at the dress of the attendants, their deportment and cleanliness of their tools and equipment.