Dearly B. Loved
OnToplist is optimized by SEO
Add blog to our blog directory.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Ann Murphy

For all those who were connected in anyway with Matabeleland tennis, I am sure they will be very sad to learn of the death of Ann Murphy - wife to Phil and mother to Colleen and Sharon. Ann passed away peacefully on 29th February after suffering a heart attack a few days earlier. There was a memorial service for her today at the Methodist Church in Kloof - KwaZulu Natal.


Ann was very involved with Junior tennis in the 70 s / 80 s and managed both Matabeleland Junior teams and Rhodesian Junior Teams. She was also a very loyal member of Suburbs Tennis club along with Phil and youngest daughter Sharon who I think went on to represent Matabeleland at junior level.

I am sure there will be a lot of folk who will be very sad to learn of her passing and it is with great fondness that we remember her.
Thank YouRegards,

Maureen Brewis

+++++++

1 comment:

  1. dear Maureen,
    I was very sad to hear of Ann's passing. I spent many happy weekends with Ann and Phil, including playing tennis at Suburbs Tennis Club, during the period 1966 to 1970. I worked for a mining group and was based at Pangani Mine in Filabusi - Ann was the office Manager at our central buying office in Bulawayo and was always such a friendly and caring person. Sad to have lost touch after I left Rhodesia in 1970. If I recall, Colleen and Sharon were very small then. I now live in Cape Town and should you have contact with Phil, please pass on my condolences to all.
    best regards,
    Fred Broom

    ReplyDelete