Dearly B. Loved
OnToplist is optimized by SEO
Add blog to our blog directory.

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Tom Everett


It was great sadness I read Janet’s email this morning advising me of Tom’s passing yesterday afternoon

For the best part of year Tom, frequently in pain, bravely fought the cancer that racked his body yet I never heard him once complain, he was always cheerful and full of hope but, in the end, it was just too much and after several weeks in hospital he was moved to a hospice and slipped away peacefully with Janet, her son and daughter in law at his side.

 

If ever there was a loyal Dagaboy it was Tom, he was immensely proud of having served in Parks - He squirreled away news paper cuttings and all sorts of other mementoes and information relating to the Department, he also drew up his own personal Parks Nominal role and seemed to know virtually everyone; Tom you helped a lot with the book, thank you.

 

It goes without saying that Janet needs our support and here, I would like to include a few words from her last email – “I know that the happiest years of Tom’s life were those spent in National Parks, and messages from Dagga Boys over the past many difficult months have been a great source of encouragement and comfort to us both.”

 

I would be very grateful if you would send letters of sympathy and condolences to Janet -  oneshot_parks@btinternet.com

 

With kind regards

Mike


 

Psalm 62.1  My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him

 

No comments:

Post a Comment