Festive Season Security
The year has passed by in a flash and a blur, and in the rush to plan holidays and a good social we normally forget about basic security precautions .There is usually see an upturn in crime over the next month and here are a few basic tips to help keep you safe this Christmas season.
- Advise us if you are going away/closing down, and ensure that you supply us with details of your key holders to contact in emergency, and who is staying on the property.
- Ask your neighbours to keep an eye on your home if you do not have a guard, and give them our 24 hour numbers.
- Ask your neighbour or a friend to collect your post.
- Make sure your alarm system is working properly.
- Make sure you have good battery back up to prevent the alarm dying in a power cut. (If you alarm activates when ZESA goes off and on this is a sign of a POOR battery )
- If you have a house sitter make sure they know how to use the alarm properly.
- Lock up early if you are at home and activate the alarm.
- Keep gates closed and locked .Deny entry unless you are sure of identity and purpose of visit
- Make use of alarm systems during the day if you are going out and double check that you have locked up securely before leaving home
- Remove valuables from sight if you can ( laptops, phones decoders etc)
- Never leave keys on the inside of glass doors
- Make sure your external lights are working, preferably on a timer
- Do not leave tools like shovels and ladders outside- they can be used to gain entry or as weapons!
- Avoid holding large sums of cash either at home or when travelling.
- Park in well lit and preferably guarded areas. Do not leave valuables on display.
- Test your Cell Phone Panic and make sure you are registered before you go away. You can then call for assistance anywhere in the country with cell coverage.
We have staff on call in each centre, and a duty Director, 24 hours a day. If you run into difficulty, or just need advice please call. If you feel we are NOT giving you the service you need please do not hesitate to call me on the number below.
Finally travel safely, and have a peaceful and happy Christmas and New Year.
Thank you for using Safeguard
0772 422 679