Dearly B. Loved
OnToplist is optimized by SEO
Add blog to our blog directory.

Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Quiet Man


The Quiet Man

Fanie arrived in what was Rhodesia from Botswana at the age of 7 in 1936, and lived in Victoria Falls and Livingstone for 75 years.

Fanie was a quiet giving man, despite people saying he had long pockets and short arms.  He gave and never made it known. 
Victoria Falls is better off thanks to him.  Victoria Falls Primary School has a Classroom and a Library, and the Falls club benefited by his time given overseeing the building of a cottage, walls around the braai area and a slipway.  He gave a car to someone as a present, and did many more wonderful things, so let us remember him for those things.

I would like to give a thank you to some very special people, who without them I would not have coped.  First is Jenny Palermo who gave everyday to helping me when I could no longer go on, she is the most caring wonderful woman.  Then Lynda who came every evening to give Fanie an injection to help him sleep, and not only that but fed me everyday.  Then also a big thank you to Sue Lowe who helped out to give Lynda a few days break.  Larry Cumming for timelessly visiting Fanie and all my lady friends for their comfort in giving me courage to carry on and be strong, Vickie, Doreen, Beatie and many more, too many to mention.  Thank you.
To my wonderful staff, Reason, Shumba Jealous and Melody, who without them I would not have managed.  Thank you to all who cared for Fanie.

Fanie peacefully passed away just before 5pm on Friday the 30th of November 2012.

Dear friends,

I would like to advise you all that we will be holding a Memorial Service for Fanie on,

Wednesday the 5th of December
at the Dabula Jetty
at 2.30pm

Please can you bring snacks and your coolerboxes.

All are welcome

Thank you

Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment