The Automobile Association of Zimbabwe would like to extend to all its members best wishes for the forthcoming Heroes holiday
We urge you to drive safely if you are travelling and, especially, Don’t Drink and Drive.
We have a dedicated fleet of emergency response vehicles that will come to your assistance (tel 04 776760, 0712 406033, or 2932089) and will be reachable 24/7, with our rescue team available at all times, travel with peace of mind these holidays, knowing that AAZ assistance is only a phone call away should you require any help. For those travelling further afield, our country-wide offices can provide International Driving Permits and travel information. We thank you, our members, for your support over the past years and rest assured that we will be here to attend to your motoring needs for the foreseeable future.
TIPS AND ADVICE
· Rest every two hours or 200km. Do not drive when tired.
· Drive according to the conditions of the road, and not necessarily at the maximum speed limit for a particular road.
· Ensure all tyres, including the spare, are in good condition.
· Focus on the road, and not on your cellphone, while driving.
· Do not overtake on a blind rise. Consider the hazard of oncoming traffic.
· Do not drive unless you are completely sober.
· Be courteous and considerate to all other road users.
· Give extra space to pedestrians, cyclists, and other road users
· Watch out for children on the roads, they may be out and about because of the school holidays.
· The AA also warns drivers to expect delays on the roads as law enforcement and safety initiatives are expected to be ramped up, especially on major routes, over this period.
Get the roadside reassurance you need. We get more people back on the road than anyone else.
2 Kenilworth Road, Newlands
P.O Box 700