Dearly B. Loved
OnToplist is optimized by SEO
Add blog to our blog directory.

Friday, August 25, 2017

Perm res stickers


Perm res stickers. For those wondering what happens when one gets a new passport, the old one already having the new perm res sticker in it, this is what happened to me. I was told by Immigration at Linquenda House that one needed to travel with two passports - the old clipped one, with the perm res sticker in it, and the new one, as there was no “facility” for transferring the perm res sticker to the new passport, even if one paid. Showing old and new passports was all that was needed when returning to Zim. In June I got a new Brit passport while in UK (took five working days!). On return to Zim, I was told that the only way I could return was to pay the visitors entry fee and then go to Linquenda House. Only when it became clear that I was not paying a cent, was I allowed to enter but it was with a notice saying I had to report to Linquenda House to “regularise” the position within 30 days. I did this and the staff at Linquenda House called the airport staff and reprimanded them for not allowing me in. I now have, in my new passport, a stamp on top of which is written Re-Exam and on the bottom is written RR HQ Ref14106/17. I was once again told to travel with two passports – the old and new. I suspect that this matter is not dead! 

No comments:

Post a Comment